JM

quoting:
I'll try and locate a glow bottle. I live in a small town in Canada, and
there is not a lot of selection in some of the local stores. I'll try Radio
Shack and the local lumberyard, but I am not holding my breath. I'll have to
wait until I can get down to the "Big City" and see if I can locate one
there.

The starter/glow bottle for 4 foot, 40W tubes are usually labled "FS-4" .

It's generally not a good idea to use 34W tubes with preheat/switch start
ballasts.

You have 4 wires in the "switch", correct? For the two wires that go to the
each of the tube ends, put the starter in between those. You can just wrap
the wires around the prongs of the starter, and insulate with black tape.
The other two wires should be the "hot" side for the ballast. Just connect
those together with a nut so that the light is "on" all the time, (but will
be switched externally with a timer.)

How would I wire the glow bottle into the circuit that I described? (With
the intention that the light is "always" in On mode. The timer will be
taking care of turning it on and off.)
Thanks, Sean
"James Sweet" wrote in message

"Sean" wrote in message
Thanks for the answer. I was hoping to simply bypass the switch, but it
doesn't look like that is going to happen. I guess I'll have to replace

the
ballast after all.
Thanks, Sean

You can buy a glowbottle starter at any hardware store, usually under a
dollar.