ggg

johnny wrote:

"ggg" wrote

I don't think you do. You don't know her. She doesn't hector or name
drop brands. She told them she had overseen a roof installation before
and asked them what layers are going on the roof and what is the square
footage. They said they don't know what they'll use and don't worry.
She said but which brands do you like. They just ignored her. That is
bull****. I have estimates for commercial jobs for the same size and
the listing of layers and the materials used.

The technic the professionals use to get rid of tire kickers like you and
your mother is, you simply don't waste valuable time and walk away. You
explained it about right.

I thought so too for one of them but then why did we get followup calls
and letters from them about getting the job? My mother said they
sounded surprised that they hadn't heard from her. She repeated that
she would like to know square footage and materials used.

Commercially, it is absolutely standard to get estimates listing
materials and square footage as the basic price with the caveat that add
ons are allowed if they discover problems. In case anyone else has this
problem and googles for the answer, I have to take a position that it
is not normal to ignore this in the estimate that a customer is expected
to sign.