Mali

Thanks for replying!!

It uses a small 3 inch Halogen bulb which comes in 500/150 watts (according
to the instructions). The sound whats so ever when the power is turned on,
or when franticaly waving my hand at it trying to get it to work

Take an inspection light, or similar, and wire it where the 500W flood is,
to check the mains is functional

Like a small lamp if I take the plug off..

A small number of bulbs don't work when plugged in.
You can't get 150W bulbs for that size of light, I think the smallest in
that length is 300W.
You might try returning the 500W light "doesn't work" and buying a 150W

one.
Does it click when power is supplied to it, or when something moves in

front
of it?
(this is not foolproof).
Take an inspection light, or similar, and wire it where the 500W flood is,
to check the mains is functional.

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Mali wrote:
My kids were playing football in the garden and accidentally hit our
external flood light with sensor and damaged it. So I purchased one of

those
standard square flood light with a sensor underneath.. It came with a
500watt Halogen Bulb.

The electricity that is used for the flood light is shared with 6 other
inside lights all using 60watt bulbs.

sniop
If I purchased 150watt Halogen bulb, would this remedy the problem

(500watts
is overkill really)..