Andy Hall

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:44:41 +0000, Nick Atty
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:41:38 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Nick Atty wrote:

From my canal boat experiences, I know about "finrad" - a copper tube
with thin metal squares attached to it, which is very efficient but
looks nasty, cuts you if you brush against it, and collects more dust
than a dyson.

Imagine that in a nice bit of trunking and you basically have a skirting
radiator:

http://www.theradiatorcompany.co.uk/...d=Product_Page

Many thanks for the link. After the previous posting I spent ages
googling on "skirting radiator" and could find nothing but houses fitte
with them for sale, and "find the cheapest radiators at...".

Do bear in mind that any of these enclosures reduce the heat output
compared with the native rating. For a conventional radiator in a
cabinet with air gaps and grille front, it can be as much as 30%.

All of this, plus the derating to 90% for water temperature, need to
be included when sizing. However, if you can have long runs, then it
should work.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl