James Sweet

Sean I think I've got some starters somewhere I'll see if I can find them.
But if it's standard four footer tube might be simpler but a bit more
expensive to use a non-starter type ballast? All the spare ballasts I got
are for the two 40/34 watt type tube fixtures.
Email if you wish.
Another Terry. Newfoundland Canada.

Installing a rapid start ballast is an option, though he'll have to fit a
grounded power cord to ground the reflector for that approach, and the high
humidity above the fish tank may prevent reliable starting. If I were doing
this myself I'd pick up an electronic ballast for an F32T8 tube and retrofit
it to T8, but then the old preheat start 40W T12's worked pretty well, the
ballasts tend to run the tubes hotter than the newer RS stuff.