Dave Liquorice

Default 'kin ell it's hot

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:02:22 +0000, parish wrote:

It was about that (115F) when we visited the Dead Sea years ago

Only 43C (109F) at Eilat but that was to damn hot. Thought I'd go for
a walk to the old town from the modern hotel. I got about 50yards
agross the carpark in full sun (so proably 50C) before deciding it
was a silly idea and retreating to the cool 43C shade of a tree before
braving full sun to get back to the airconed hotel...

if you get the chance, it's worth going; floating on the Dead Sea
still rates as one of the wierdest experiences I've ever had.

Agreed, most odd when you feet lift off the bottom when you only in
water up to you knees. Just don't get the stuff in your eyes if hurts,
and hurts a lot and you can't rub your eyes as your hands have the
water on them. You just have to stick it out until your tears wash the
concentrated salt solution out.

As a bonus, the atmosphere there blocks nearly all UV in the
sunlight.

Very handy for the sensitive skinned. I often wonder how much more UV
there is at +1400' compared to 0'. After all the Dead Sea is only
-1000' and that extra 1000' of air acts as a very good UV filter.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail