Dave Hinz

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:00:59 -0500, wrote:
On 12 Mar 2005 15:02:47 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

All of these things you mention fit nicely on a 1 GB USB thumb drive.
I've been doing it that way for a while and am pleased with that
technique. Saves much time, and if there's an update, I had to download
it anyway - so I copy the update to the thumb drive at that time. Saves
a LOT of hassle.

One problem. You don't always know what the problem you are going to
is - so you don't know what updates the system MIGHT need - or what
driver might be corrupted, etc etc etc.

Right, but seems they _all_ need AdAware, Spybot, Service Pack 2,
and sometimes an antivirus.

Having the internet as a resource makes life a lot easier.

Of course, I'm just saying that for the things you know you'll
need, carry 'em with you. I'm not the guy who was saying "Tha Intarweb
is evul for consultants" or whatever his point was.

Dave Hinz