Nick Atty

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:16:58 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

a) SHMBO likes her bedrooms about 10 degrees hotter than I do

Are we talking about degrees Celsius or the deprecated Fahrenheit?

You've used metric everywhere else, so I assume Celsius, but 10 degC
seems like a lot.

More a figure of speech than anything. She certainly likes bedrooms at
warm living room temperatures.

Myson, Stelrad and Barlo make skirting radiators that would fit your
dimensions. There are conventional ones as low as 30cm.

I'll have another look for those.

If you make your own and only use tube with no fins, I think it is
highly unlikely that you will get enough surface area to release the
heat that you will need. 22mm is going to be better, but I suspect
when you do the sums, you will find that the results are still way out
- my guess would be by at least an order of magnitude.

Thanks - if your gut feeling is that much I suspect I don't need the
program!
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)