Lurch

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:35:08 +0000, Nick Atty
strung together this:

Currently my thoughts are running to a loop of chrome tube, on chrome
stand-offs, so I end up with about an 8 metre run, with feed at return
at the same end. But the joints are going to have to be compression and
will look a bit nasty with 6 inline couplers as well as the elbows at
the end.

Something along the lines of what I thought, but galv of up to 2"
diameter and painted. You may get away with using 28mm copper for ease
of availability as 2" galv would require someone to manufacture the
joints for you, a commercial heating engineer.

How much heat is this likely to give out?
Will 22mm tube work better than 15mm (greater surface area)?
Can anyone think of anything better at a sensible price?
Or any improvements to the idea?

Don't know how to do a size calculation for a length of pipe, however,
for 8 meters I would imagine 22mm would suffice but if SWMBO likes it
hot in the bedroom then 28mm could be a safe bet. (Although, you may
have m isunderstood her request and you may get better results with a
firemans uniform)?
--

SJW