Victor Roberts

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 06:49:53 GMT, "Sean" wrote:

I'll try and locate a glow bottle. I live in a small town in Canada, and
there is not a lot of selection in some of the local stores. I'll try Radio
Shack and the local lumberyard, but I am not holding my breath. I'll have to
wait until I can get down to the "Big City" and see if I can locate one
there.
How would I wire the glow bottle into the circuit that I described? (With
the intention that the light is "always" in On mode. The timer will be
taking care of turning it on and off.)

Someone else gave you a link to Don's lighting site. Look and the
second diagram under preheat start. That being said, you need more
information than you provided in your original note.

You will see from Don's diagram and perhaps your own experience, that
each end of the lamp has two pins. You have told us in your original
note that a certain wire goes to a certain end of the lamp, but NOT TO
WHICH PIN, which is critical.

Based on what you wrote, I THINK that the starter would wired to the
two wires that go respectively to the top left and top right contact
of your switch. But this is ONLY correct if the wire currently
connected to the top right hand contact of the switch is also
connected to the pin on the right side of the lamp that does NOT also
connect to the power line. I assume that the white lead from the
ballast goes to the SAME lamp pin as the power line, so there are two
wires connected to this AND ONLY THIS lamp pin.

If my assumptions about which wires go to which lamp pins are not
correct, then the rest of my suggestions should be ignored.

If the above is correct, then the timer switch is wired between the
two bottom contacts of the switch.

The information above is provided for educational purposes and you are
responsible for understanding the hazards of working with electrical
circuits and any damage to person or property that may result from
experimenting with this lamp circuit.

--
Vic Roberts
http://www.RobertsResearchInc.com