G Henslee

Dan,

As the others have said small cracks are inevitable however you may want
to fill them with rubberized caulking if they widen anymore, prior to
putting down your finish floors such as carpet. Doing so may deter ants
and such from appearing later.

Dan C wrote:

Hello all,

I have a new construction house under way (in Florida). It's still in the
rough stages (walls and roof up, plumbing and wiring mostly done, no
sheetrock yet). Today I noticed a crack (narrow, almost a "hairline"
crack) running for about 15 feet across the slab. Is it somewhat
normal/expected to have a crack in the slab, or is this a very big warning
sign that I should bring up with the builder? Thanks for information.