Gary Stone

"HvacTech2" wrote in message

Hi Gary, hope you are having a nice day

On 12-Mar-05 At About 01:27:53, Gary Stone wrote to Gary Stone
Subject: Furnace cycling

GS From: "Gary Stone"

GS "HvacTech2" wrote in message
GS ...
Hi Gary, hope you are having a nice day

On 11-Mar-05 At About 22:25:04, Gary Stone wrote to Gary Stone

GS From: "Gary Stone"

GS Hi, I've got a forced air propane furnace, Luxaire model GSU082MF
GS Series NAGOE (could be a Q) serial #1310002 Controlled by a Honeywell
GS T87F heat only thermostat. This morning I was down in the basement
GS and noticed that it had the initial ignition then that cut off after
GS a while (normal burn) then a couple of minutes later a second
GS ignition which ran a couple of minutes, when that cut off I headed
GS up the stairs only to hear it kick in a third time for a couple
GS of minutes. Total time for this was about 10 to 13 minutes. Before
GS I went down there I had moved the thermostat only to the point which
GS it kicked in, 60º F from 58º F so, it wasn't that drastic a jump.
GS Yeah, I like it on the cool side. The outside temp was 19º F. I do
GS not remember it ever acting in this manner and suspect there might
GS be a problem, Yes? No? Thanks for any input.

GS Stone

have you moved or made any adjustments to the thermostat? if not it
could be a sign of unit failure coming. Do you have normal
maintenance done? if not it may be time to have it cleaned and tuned.

-= HvacTech2 =-

GS Had it cleaned about this time last year and he did adjust the
GS thermostat, I don't know what he did there but he did say the furnace
GS was in good shape and that he set the thermostat to a 1º something
GS or other, mean anything to you? I did try to move the HA setting
GS on Sctooz advise from 5 to 6 but moved it back to 5 as the burner
GS kicked in 4 times at 6. Well, I turned the stat down, didn't want
GS to try for a 5th. I know it's wasting propane but is it presenting
GS a fire hazard? When you say "Unit Failure" do you mean the
GS thermostat or the furnace?

I can't check it for sure since I am not there but it sounds like the unit
needs to be checked and cleaned. the thermostat is probably fine.

-= HvacTech2 =-

I did call the local HVAC guy here in town but had to leave a message.
Hasn't called back, could be out of town. In the mean time I've got the wood
burning stove going. Nice to have that to fall back on. Funny how these
things always seem to happen on a Friday or Saturday. Thanks for the help.

Stone