HvacTech2

Hi Gary, hope you are having a nice day

On 12-Mar-05 At About 01:27:53, Gary Stone wrote to Gary Stone
Subject: Furnace cycling

GS From: "Gary Stone"

GS "HvacTech2" wrote in message
GS ...
Hi Gary, hope you are having a nice day

On 11-Mar-05 At About 22:25:04, Gary Stone wrote to Gary Stone

GS From: "Gary Stone"

GS Hi, I've got a forced air propane furnace, Luxaire model GSU082MF
GS Series NAGOE (could be a Q) serial #1310002 Controlled by a Honeywell
GS T87F heat only thermostat. This morning I was down in the basement
GS and noticed that it had the initial ignition then that cut off after
GS a while (normal burn) then a couple of minutes later a second
GS ignition which ran a couple of minutes, when that cut off I headed
GS up the stairs only to hear it kick in a third time for a couple
GS of minutes. Total time for this was about 10 to 13 minutes. Before
GS I went down there I had moved the thermostat only to the point which
GS it kicked in, 60º F from 58º F so, it wasn't that drastic a jump.
GS Yeah, I like it on the cool side. The outside temp was 19º F. I do
GS not remember it ever acting in this manner and suspect there might
GS be a problem, Yes? No? Thanks for any input.

GS Stone

have you moved or made any adjustments to the thermostat? if not it
could be a sign of unit failure coming. Do you have normal
maintenance done? if not it may be time to have it cleaned and tuned.

-= HvacTech2 =-

GS Had it cleaned about this time last year and he did adjust the
GS thermostat, I don't know what he did there but he did say the furnace
GS was in good shape and that he set the thermostat to a 1º something
GS or other, mean anything to you? I did try to move the HA setting
GS on Sctooz advise from 5 to 6 but moved it back to 5 as the burner
GS kicked in 4 times at 6. Well, I turned the stat down, didn't want
GS to try for a 5th. I know it's wasting propane but is it presenting
GS a fire hazard? When you say "Unit Failure" do you mean the
GS thermostat or the furnace?

I can't check it for sure since I am not there but it sounds like the unit
needs to be checked and cleaned. the thermostat is probably fine.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "I'm moving to Mars next week, so if you have any boxes..."- s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail