HvacTech2

Hi Gary, hope you are having a nice day

On 11-Mar-05 At About 22:25:04, Gary Stone wrote to Gary Stone
Subject: Furnace cycling

GS From: "Gary Stone"

GS Hi, I've got a forced air propane furnace, Luxaire model GSU082MF
GS Series NAGOE (could be a Q) serial #1310002 Controlled by a Honeywell
GS T87F heat only thermostat. This morning I was down in the basement
GS and noticed that it had the initial ignition then that cut off after
GS a while (normal burn) then a couple of minutes later a second
GS ignition which ran a couple of minutes, when that cut off I headed
GS up the stairs only to hear it kick in a third time for a couple
GS of minutes. Total time for this was about 10 to 13 minutes. Before
GS I went down there I had moved the thermostat only to the point which
GS it kicked in, 60º F from 58º F so, it wasn't that drastic a jump.
GS Yeah, I like it on the cool side. The outside temp was 19º F. I do
GS not remember it ever acting in this manner and suspect there might
GS be a problem, Yes? No? Thanks for any input.

GS Stone

have you moved or made any adjustments to the thermostat? if not it could be
a sign of unit failure coming. Do you have normal maintenance done? if not
it may be time to have it cleaned and tuned.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect."- s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail