Scootz

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:25:04 -0500, "Gary Stone" wrote:

Hi, I've got a forced air propane furnace, Luxaire model GSU082MF Series
NAGOE (could be a Q) serial #1310002
Controlled by a Honeywell T87F heat only thermostat. This morning I was down
in the basement and noticed that it had the initial ignition then that cut
off after a while (normal burn) then a couple of minutes later a second
ignition which ran a couple of minutes, when that cut off I headed up the
stairs only to hear it kick in a third time for a couple of minutes. Total
time for this was about 10 to 13 minutes. Before I went down there I had
moved the thermostat only to the point which it kicked in, 60º F from 58º F
so, it wasn't that drastic a jump. Yeah, I like it on the cool side. The
outside temp was 19º F. I do not remember it ever acting in this manner and
suspect there might be a problem, Yes? No? Thanks for any input.

Stone

pop the cover off the thermostsat and check the ht antcipator setting.
little dial in the center with a pointer on it set it to .6 and try
it again. if this is set wrong it generates heat and fools the stat
into thinking the room temp is satisfied.

Scootz