JonBoy

Default how do I change electric drill chuck?

JonBoy wrote in news:Xns93D1E2E7EE748JONxxx@
130.133.1.4:

"MrCheerful" wrote in
:

No, chucks are standard RH thread or they would unscrew when
putting screws in or when the drill jams.

MrCheerful

You're right. The first part is still valid:

...hit with a mallet or rubber hammer *in the correct direction*.

My mis-recollection was of some idiot (not me!) belting hell out
of a chuck key with a steel hammer, trying to unscrew the chuck
the wrong direction.

Ahaaa, it all comes back to me now: the idiot in question was
holding the drill handle with the chuck facing away from him and
trying to unscrew it by turning the chuck anti-clockwise *from his
point-of-view* - which is actually tightening it, of course.