On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:17:41 +1100, Terry Collins

The point is that you are, as a contractor or consultant, hired for
your own expertise,and not what you can quickly snarf up from the Web.
Contractors, on company time, have no need for Web access.

ROFL, what I do is find and implement solutions for hirer's problems.
Sometimes I "find" those solutions on the Internet.
Now, if I have to wait until I get home to do the finding/reasearch,
then that can double the time to solution.

It is a bit like bundying on and off, either you are employed to do the
job or employed to put in the time (which may or may not mean you do the
job).

Each to their own, but you get what you pay for.

It has been my experience in life that you seldom get MORE than you
pay for, but in most cases you are extremely lucky if you even get
anywhere near what you pay for.

In the computer biz, where I have made my living for the last 18-20
years, I have seen more over-qualified, over paid, under "educated",
pompous jackasses ripping off clients with their gross ineptitude than
in any other business I have been associated with. I also spent 25
years in the automotive service industry.

About the only two "professions" I can think of where the "rip-off
Mentality" is more prevalent is with accountants and lawyers.

I didn't get rich as a mechanic, and I'm not getting rich as a
computer tech (or consultant if you want to use that overworked
term), but in both fields I have had a loyal and appreciative
following. They know they WILL get what they paid for.