Wayne McDermott

Many years ago I was doing some work for a copper mine in Chile that
involved (among other things) a review of all 35,000 spare parts held to
identify duplications, upgrade descriptions and part numbers etc. I came
across a "battery charger repair kit" for a common peice of earth moving
equipment. When looking at the kit I noticed that some of the items in
the were also held as discrete spares. A little investigation showed
that, in fact, all of the kitted items were also stocked individually. I
cannot remember why, but I located all the pricing for the individual
parts and compared it to the kit and found that my client was being
charged USD$483 for the plastic bag, ie the kit was $483 more than the
sum of the individual prices.

Wayne McDermott