Gene T

Default How to install drawer fronts to drawers?

I would make them the right size, then use doble stick tape to get tham all
ositioned correctly first, then fasten them with screws. Just my two
cents...
Gene
"mare" lid.com wrote in
message
news:1gt9w8z.1gnc9lx6gc72aN%mare*Remove*All*0f*Thi ...
I'm workin on a built-in entertainment center and made a couple (12) of
drawers without fronts. Now I'm contemplating what the *best* way is to
attach the fronts. The drawers are overlay, and there are 8 different
sizes. I use Accuride full extension slides.

1) Make fronts oversized, glue them on and later trim them to the right
size.

2) Make the front the right size on the table saw and mount them with
screws from the inside of the drawer. Make the holes in the drawers
oversized and use washers, so I can position them.

How would you do it? Maybe with be a totally different technique.

--
mare