Dave Hinz

On 10 Mar 2005 15:00:22 -0800, wrote:
Indeed.

When I work as a consultant, as I often do, my consulting agreements
forbid me from ANY access to the Internet while on a customer's time.

Must be inconvenient as hell when you're trying to, you know, fix
something.

There is a damn good reason for this, and it has nothing to do with
surfing porn!

And what would that damn good reason be, exactly?

The point is that you are, as a contractor or consultant, hired for
your own expertise,and not what you can quickly snarf up from the Web.
Contractors, on company time, have no need for Web access.

Unless your job involves, you know, working with computers. Your
statement is vastly over-generalized, and you gave zero context as to
who or what you're replying to.