David R. Birch

Indeed.

When I work as a consultant, as I often do, my consulting agreements
forbid me from ANY access to the Internet while on a customer's time.
There is a damn good reason for this, and it has nothing to do with
surfing porn!

The point is that you are, as a contractor or consultant, hired for
your own expertise,and not what you can quickly snarf up from the Web.
Contractors, on company time, have no need for Web access.

Harry C.

So you're working on a client's machine, and it needs a security update, or new
virus definition files, or an updated driver, and you don't need Web access?

David