Dave Hinz

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 04:39:07 GMT, Tom Gardner wrote:
One of my computer customers (my hobby business, 20 years, 12 customers)
bypassed the security I put in place to keep employees off the net except on
one isolated machine. Result: over two days down-time on their accounting
package including order entry, shop orders and billing. Cost to the
company: They estimate $18,000 plus lost customers. Think twice!!!

He keeps saying it's a separate network with separate machines. This is
no different than what we have right over --- there, our "DSL lab",
with a local provider's DSL dropped in so we can test our sites from
a computer which is networkologically "outside". It's in the same building,
but it's no more on our network than my computers at home are on our
network.