jakdedert

JMK wrote:
Some faults are easier than others:

The typical fault for i.e. Canon E18 error is a stuck lens. All it
takes is a garain of sand. I have disassembled these, cleaned and
reassembled them with good results.
They are fairly easy to open, jus have to mark the positions of each
"tube" in relation to others, so that you can put it back together
again.

Jan
Hey jak,
Well these were only 2 megapixals. The first one gave an error
"could not write" so figured that was the read/write board and I had
a spare one of those. The other one powered up but then turned off
but the lens was completely ripped off that one and it looked awful
but I figured the power board was ok in that one. The first I got
for $25 and the second for $1! I was patient and set a limit on my
bidding.
I also had the advantage of having already opened up a dead 2600
someone had given me and saw that it was made in Japan and was very
modular with flex connecting the parts.
Yes there was some luck involved.
Richard

I've got a 2.3 meg Nikon that I paid dearly for, used. I didn't realize it
had a fault, which was as in the case above, a stuck lense. There was no
foreign matter involves, just jammed gears. A simple tweak with a
fingernail solved it.

Since then I've priced several such, but they always go for much more than
I'm willing to pay.

jak