Tony Bryer

In article , TheScullster wrote:
1) I would have thought it would have been better practice to
support the joists at the break point (ie where they overlap above
existing support wall). This would mean the hanger supporting two
joist thicknesses.

2) How are these fitted under in-place joists?

I missed the original post so may have answered a question you
weren't answering. If you're needing to pick up existing joists
there are nailing plates available from good builders merchants or
timber yards that will do this, but you should use the appropriate
(twisted or ring shank) nails with them.