John Rumm wrote:

Bosch themselves do distinguish quite clearly between the ranges, for

an
example see:

http://ukptocs.bosch-pt.com/boptocs-...p?ccat_id=9580
http://www.bosch-pt.com/uk/en/start/...s/Overview.htm

perhaps a link to include at the end for the unclued, with a sentence
saying what it is.

I was looking for 'how the better performance is achieved', so that

if
you say it is by e.g. having a sturdy sole plate, I can make a

point of
checking the sturdiness of one I am buying. This is so I can pick

up a
tool in a shop and check if it seems to have the pro features

without
actually having to use it to see if it can cut straight and true.

Mind
you, a dealer that would lend you one to try out as well would be

nice -
some hopes!

That is the killer test really. With the jigsaw you can perhaps see

the
sole plate and if it has a non scratching clip over cover etc. But

all
the other factors only become apparent when you use it.

maybe you can describe 2 typical sole plates, 1 pressed steel 2mm
thick, one cast ali x mm thick. Without this, newbies buying really
havent got any clue how to interpret what constitutes a sufficiently
solid sole plate and what doesnt.

NT