The Natural Philosopher

tony sayer wrote:

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes

Chris wrote:

Hi there

Just wondering if there is any easy way of running 'hifi' cables
(speaker cables, cat5 and RG58 coax) across a carpet covered concrete
floor? The cables are in a 'low traffic' area, near the edge (or
possibly at the edge) of the carpet. There is a mantle piece in the way
so I can't use channelled skirting board, and a window in the way so I
can't easily take them up into the ceiling space and back down.

I was thinking of cutting a 2 to 3 cm wide strip out of the underlay to
run the cables along. Does this sound reasonable, or is it likely to
show, and are there any alternatives I've missed?

Done that, and also chipped out a channel with a cold chisel and let
some speaker, antenna and mains cables into the floor itself. Not that
hard in screed.

Filled it up with mortar and ...there ya go!

What!, shame on U Nat P not putting a duct in and allowing for further
expansion!....

Mmm. It may all be for nothing anyway, since from design to What She
Wats will probably neccessitate two more repositionings of the telly and
speakers anyway.

Thank heaven for stud walls.