Ian_m

"Chris" wrote in
message ...
Hi there

Just wondering if there is any easy way of running 'hifi' cables (speaker
cables, cat5 and RG58 coax) across a carpet covered concrete floor? The
cables are in a 'low traffic' area, near the edge (or possibly at the
edge) of the carpet. There is a mantle piece in the way so I can't use
channelled skirting board, and a window in the way so I can't easily take
them up into the ceiling space and back down.

I was thinking of cutting a 2 to 3 cm wide strip out of the underlay to
run the cables along. Does this sound reasonable, or is it likely to show,
and are there any alternatives I've missed?

I just laid flat speaker cable under the underlay in my front room for the
surround sound rears.. Passes under the doorway near the gripper and hasn't
shown yet despite all the traffic. In my last house I just ran cables (79
strand) ether side of the carpet gripper, works fine.

One hint get, a carpet "kicker" (about £30 from Machine Mart I think) makes
putting the fitted carpet back much much easier.