Ted Edwards

John Ings wrote:
Many DSL routers, like a Linksys BEFSR41 can fake a MAC address and
act as a hub the way you intended,

I don't think it's so much "faking" it as that's basically the way it
works. I have one of those partly because it was highly recommended for
my needs. Nothing "subversive" just a good working unit. At the moment
I have four computers (only two of which will be here for any great span
of time) hooked to it and all can see my internet connection.

But what happens when the IT department discovers your evasion of
their policy?

You threaten to quit and mean it. IT organizations are less important
to company success than any IT department. Been there, done that.

Ted