nightjar

"Edgar Iredale" wrote in message
nightjar wrote:

"L Reid" wrote in message
. uk...
...All my
experiences with the Dixons group lead me to believe they'll try and
ignore
your rights as a customer,

In this case, what rights? The product was suitable for the purpose for
which it was sold, as a kitchen freezer, even if that was not the purpose
for which it was bought. The supplier has already exceeded their legal
duty by agreeing to accept the product back, less a handling fee.

Colin Bignell

No. It wasn't suitable for the purpose of a freezer for my kitchen.

It would be judged against the kitchen of the man on the Clapham Omnibus,
not yours.

A freezer that needs a minimum ambient temperature of 16C is not
necessarily
suitable for use in an English kitchen, which may be expected to go below
this temperature when people are on holiday and at other times too.

I think that is probably not a representative expectation. People do not, as
a rule, take prolonged holidays in winter and have their heating turned down
when they do.

Colin Bignell