Lew Hartswick

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

If you were going to build a belt grinder, what form would it take?

I note that 2"x72" seem to be the most common belt size.

Would you recommend a different size?

Would you use a vertical, horizontal, adjustable platen or none at all?

What size of motor? Speed?

Any dust collection?

TMT

We were just discussing this the other day while looking at the one in
the shop. 2" wide by whatever it takes to get around the wheels.
One large wheel with no crown to act as a grinding wheel for chisels
wood lathe gouges etc. A flat platten with an adjustable support
in front. Good smoothe variable speed drive motor.
Those were the first go at requirements.
...lew...