Edgar Iredale

nightjar wrote:

"L Reid" wrote in message
. uk...
...All my
experiences with the Dixons group lead me to believe they'll try and
ignore
your rights as a customer,

In this case, what rights? The product was suitable for the purpose for
which it was sold, as a kitchen freezer, even if that was not the purpose
for which it was bought. The supplier has already exceeded their legal
duty by agreeing to accept the product back, less a handling fee.

Colin Bignell

No. It wasn't suitable for the purpose of a freezer for my kitchen.

A freezer that needs a minimum ambient temperature of 16C is not necessarily
suitable for use in an English kitchen, which may be expected to go below
this temperature when people are on holiday and at other times too. They
should have informed me it was subject to ambient temperature restrictions
before the sale. In this case they did not, either in the shop or on their
web site. As far as I can see even the manufacturers web site doesn't tell
me of this restriction. I was only able to find out when I opened the door
and took out the instruction booklet.

However I expect other shed retailers would have been no more forthcoming
about this.

Currys behaved quite reasonably except that I'd dispute the "handling
charge".

On this occasion we're not going to discover the answer as I have accepted
the freezer because I need it now and can find ways to overcome the
problem.

Edgar