Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:

With the extra installation costs well
outweighing any savings against
a larger boiler.

No. He failed again.... sad but true....

.....after miserably failing he is coming back again.....I wonder why?

Ok then. I don't claim to be a pro. So I'm asking you to give some real
world total costs of installing two combis against one combi of comparable
output. Since you claim to have done this on many occasions, you should be
able to delve into your accounts and give actual examples.

Min Requirements:
two zones
2 showers
1 bath
Limited space in house.

W-B Junior £493 + 41 flue flue = £534
x 2 = £1,068. If you look around you get two boilers for less than this.
gives 20 l/min combined

W-B 440 Highflow £1098
gives 18 l.min Too low so, doesn't make it.
This is a stored water combi, so an infinitely continuous combi with 20
litres/min will be:

W-B Greenstar 40kW combi £1166
gives 16 l/min Too low so, doesn't make it.

To get 20 litres/min you need to go up to ECO-Hometec and spend about
£1,700 - £1,800

So, a saving of about £750 to start with. Then no zone valves, wiring
centre, etc to get two zones. More savings.

A two combi set up just needs 2 stat/programmers, what you would need with
any 2 zone setup.

Boiler W-B Greenstar £784
zone valves, wiring, cyl stats, wiring centre etc. approx £150 plus for good
makes.
unvented cylinder/heat bank, (£984 for 250 litre Megalflo)
extra piping and fittings, could be £200-300 (copper is at a world high)

Total £2218, which is over twice the price of two combi's. If you go to a
300 litre Megaflo to get some time in two simultaneous showers then even
more. As two combis will supply two showers all day and for ever, pumping
48 kW into DHW for ever. The cylinder cannot compete in performance here.
Then you have a large cylinder taking up valuable space

Then there is the advantages I have already highlighted:

1. Low capital cost of installation
2. Running cost, upstairs heating can be off most of the day.
3. No waiting for showers
4. Showers don't run out of hot water
5. Simple zoned heating system with independent time zones.
6. Different rad temperatures on different floors.
7. Less controls to go wrong, with accompanying down time and expense. (no
zone valves and the likes)
8. Always heat and hot water. Two combi's means built-in redundancy.
9. Release valuable space for storage.

Only disadvantage is slightly more expensive on regular servicing, which is
overwhelmingly offset by the above points

Now go away and think about it, hard I know, and don't back with caber
tossing silliness.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download