Chris Hodges

My kitchen easily drops below 16C everyday (at the moment) and the
freeze keeps running (as far as I'm aware). This country runs on
"reason" more than detail (unlike in the states) and I'm sure one could
argue that 16C is an unreasonably high temperature in which to be
expected to keep a freezer.

The problem with FRIDGE-freezers is (usually) that the thermostat is
set for the fridge and the freezer just gets more cooling to keep
everything frozen. So, if your fridge is set to 5C and the ambient
temp is 4C the compressor won't kick in and the frozen stuff will start
to thaw.

My kitchen also falls below 16 overnight at this time of year (the
lowest I've seen was 10, first thing in the morning). No problem for
the fridge freezer, though for extended periods it might be (very little
heat finding its way into the fridge compared to the freezer so the
compressor doesn't run for long enough).

We bought a freezer for use in the (detached) garage just before
Christmas - just a cheap upright (Beko/LG - I can't remember which one
we went for in the end) and it's been fine, even when the temp barely
got above freezing for a few days (I could hear it running perfectly
normally).

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk