Bill Leonhardt

"David" wrote in message
The one made for it.

Dave

Jim Bailey wrote:

Anyone have this jointer on a mobile base ? If so, which one did you pick
?

jim

I have a 6" Yorkcraft jointer on a Harbor Freight base. I did this for two
reasons:

1. When I got the jointer, I was still developing work flow techniques and
I hadn't settled on the jointer's final location. It's too heavy to move
without wheels.

2. I expect that once in about four blue moons I'll have to move the
jointer to deal with an extremely long board.

The mobile base is pretty flimsy. It's hard to move the jointer. If I had
to move the jointer often, I'd replace it with something more substantial,
either purchased or home built. Currently, my jointer stays in one place
and, with the feet on the mobile base adjusted right, the base is stiff
enough for my needs.

Bill Leonhardt

ps I also have a Harbor Freight base on a small drill press (table top
with steel stand), which I have to move more often. Again, the base is too
flimsy and I'm considering building a better one.