Dave Hinz

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:08:41 GMT, Dave August wrote:
Yes and as soon as he does anything he essentially connects the corp net to
the real net and blamo... virus city..

No, he specified that it's a separate feed and a separate network. If
that's not correct, then yes, bad idea for valid reasons.

98/98SE isn't going to do the gateway, an external router is the only way,

Right.

and now they will have to put dual nics in all their machines so they can
hook to both corporate and their 'hack net'..

As soon as they do that, the whole thing falls apart and is very much
fire-able.

and when, not if... WHEN, they virus the whole company I'm SURE heads will
roll.

Yup, if he's tying those clients to two networks, one secure and one
insecure, that'd be a problem. Didn't sound like what he was saying.
But, I think enough of us have thrown huge red flags up at this point
that if he's going to continue, he at least knows he's walking into
a buzzsaw.