Dave August

Yes and as soon as he does anything he essentially connects the corp net to
the real net and blamo... virus city..

98/98SE isn't going to do the gateway, an external router is the only way,
and now they will have to put dual nics in all their machines so they can
hook to both corporate and their 'hack net'..

and when, not if... WHEN, they virus the whole company I'm SURE heads will
roll.

just my 2 cents worth

Dave

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:21:22 GMT, ff wrote:

I suspect your IT people are trying to keep viruses off the regular
company network. A good idea, believe me.

Yabbut, he said it's a separate T1 feed from the local provider, not
the corporate network. I think maybe they're just overworked and
don't want to deal with it.

Still safer to propose it & get permission, though...