Fray Bentos

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:58:45 UTC, "Fray Bentos" wrote:

I have a hotpoint wm52 with 2 small tears in the seal. consequently, it
leaks. Anyhow, how easy/difficult is it to replace?
and more to the point, how do I do it?

I have a slightly older Hotpoint, so details of attachment may vary.

New seal is 7 or 8 quid, typically. You open the door, and release the
spring band/whatever that holds the outer edge of the seal. The inner
edge is held by a metal band that goes round a lip on the wash tub; you
can usually get to the screw that holds this by simply taking the top
off the machine.

Reassembly is obvious except it can be a pig getting the edge of the
seal over the rim. Most difficult problem can be working out how the
outer edge retainer works...mine has a wire loop that fits into a small
lump of plastic, and you just push it away off the rim and it comes
apart.
--
Bob Eager

I just called local spare shop, quoted £18.50 for seal.

fray