George

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
news:MJsXd.57911$EL5.51102@trnddc05...
Will wrote:

People who "dabble" in an arts and crafts occupation tend to bring down
the prices.

I'd like to see a real world example of this.

It isn't a factor. Most shows I attend have three-four turners.
Unfortunately, there's always one slumming because s/he got juried out of
another that weekend. They're the ones who complain about the taste of the
people attending, the other turners' work, and maybe favor you with a "you
can't make ornaments like this for that money" comment. They're also the
ones, who, if they sold one of the partially hollowed and freshly waxed
(only) pieces of burl they have, would gain as much as I get from three
bowls.

I'd rather have three times the fun at the lathe.