Edgar Iredale

L Reid wrote:

"Edgar Iredale" wrote in message
I have just bought a Frigidaire upright freezer. Reading the booklet I
discover it is only intended to operate in ambient temperatures between
16degC and 32degC.

They did offer the take back the unit but only at a reduced
price "because it's your fault.".

Edgar

Well I'd have a word with your local CAB and then trading standards. If
you get no joy, tell 'em you told the salesman that it was for use in a
garage, and no mention was made of the minumum temp requirements, their
bods that came to install it made no mention of the minimum temp, and
there was no info to this effect clearly stated on the unit when you
bought it. All my experiences with the Dixons group lead me to believe
they'll try and ignore your rights as a customer, so moan as much as you
can and you might get somewhere.

Good luck!

Thanks. I'm considering those options.
Trouble is I didn't tell them it was to be used in a garage as it didn't
seem an unusual requirement. Nevertheless I think the temperature
restriction should have been made clear as some kitchens go colder that
16degC. Ours does sometimes.
The other trouble is that I do need a freezer to go in that location.

Edgar