JMK

If you separate the backlight from the LCD, is the crack in the backlight or
the front LCD part. If the backlight lights up, it's working OK.
If the backlight does work, so the LCD screen is defective, especially if
you can see a crack in it.

Jan

--
jankro (@) saunalahti (.) fi
Please notice my new address!
"daddyf" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cheers, Jan. You're obviously more knowledgeable than me, I'm not to
the point of knowing about cold cathodes or LED.
Basically the screen was coming up very bright white but you could
still see the pictures if you looked hard enough or side on. When I
took off the back metal plate I could see a fine crack in the screen -
I'm presuming this is the backlight?

Thanks!