Harry K

We are having granite countertops installed over the exisitng

cabinets
which are in fine condition. The house is 10 years old and the old
countertops are formica. I can look under the cabinets and see where
some of them are screwed down but on the breakfast bar there is no
visible screws or brackets underneath so I am not sure how to remove
that section. The dishwasher appears to slide out after two screws

are
removed on the underside of the top. How do I disconnect the

dishwasher
and when the dishwasher is removed, will I have access to more screws
holding the countertops down? Any help would be appreciated.

Doug and Patty

Yes, it slides out after removing the two screws. That and/or removal
of the bottom kick plate allows access to the connections. You will
have one each: water line in, drain line out and an electrical
connection to undo. You will also have a very dirty floor where the
machine was. As to whether you will see more screws then - probably but
no gaurantee.

Harry K