Doctor Evil

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
My Boiler is on its last legs - had our annual service today and the
British Gas Crook, sorry, Man said spare parts were no longer available
etc etc

Same old. Keep the old boiler until it starts going wrong. Unless it is
particularly old and inefficient, it is more environmentally friendly to
waste a little gas and save on a lot of manufacturing processes (with
horrible PCBs etc.).

Seems as if opinion is certainly skewed towards Combi systems -
question (finally) is....will I need to replace my Showers (v v
problematic) or can they run with a new combi system or similar.

If you're happy with the shower performance and don't mind the noise/space
of the pumped tanked system, keep them. There will be much less plumbing

do and your system will almost certainly have superior bath filling
performance.

High flow rate combis suitable for multiple simultaneous showers are much
more expensive than the simple modulating system boiler you would need to
run your existing hot water system. Standard rate combis are well priced,
but aren't brilliant running two showers.

Simple, use two combi's.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download