Doctor Evil

"alexbartman" wrote in message

My Boiler is on its last legs - had our annual service today and the
British Gas Crook, sorry, Man said spare parts were no longer available
etc etc

So I'm preparing for the worst. We currently have a vented(?) system -
cold water tank in the loft and hot water cylinder in the Airing
cupboard upstairs. Boiler itself is downstairs in the kitchen. We
have an ensuite with a Shower cubicle - thermostatic shower valve fed
by an Aqualisa pump from a hot and cold feed from cylinder/cold tank.
In the main bathroom, I have a power shower fed form the same hot and
cold tanks.

Seems as if opinion is certainly skewed towards Combi systems -
question (finally) is....will I need to replace my Showers (v v
problematic) or can they run with a new combi system or similar. I'd
plan to do as much DIY as poss - prep work and flushing etc etc - what
do people think I should do?

Fit a high flow combi and remove the pump. Check with the mixer makers if
it is a high pressure model. Some can have the cartridge replaced from high
to low pressure.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download