Robatoy

Default Topic: Safety

A long time co-worker/friend/competitor of mine has hurt himself.
Nothing fatal.
He is the most safety-aware guy a boss could ask for.
An excellent cabinet maker for 25 years.
Took a 1 1/2" 16 ga Paslode finishing nail in the wrist.
Right in the joint. It managed to distort going into the joint to the
point that extraction wasn't an option. The Xray (I want a copy) shows
it looks like the letter Z.
3 (three) days that sucker was in there before the medical team could
decide how to go about taking that sucker outta there.
They sortakinda partially removed/hinged his hand, opening the joint so
that they could remove that nail.
Moral of the story is that even the most experienced guys can get
injured.

Nail guns are very dangerous. They are giving them away these days.
To anybody!

Just the thought of a nail in a joint is giving me the creeps.

0¿0

Rob