Brian Siano

David wrote:
I just gotta ask: don't you place the workpiece down on the table, so
that an perpendicularity issue with the fence is moot? The lower edge
of the fence generally should be EVER so slightly closer to the bit than
the top edge (I'm talking a few thousandths), under ideal conditions,
but it isn't that critical.

Once the board reaches the second fence, I start pushing the board
against it. That way, it travels on a straight line past the bit. (It
functions as the outfeed area on a real jointer. Imagine if that outfeed
area was just a tad out of level with the blades.)

The amount by which it's off is pretty minor, and I'm not doing edge
joinery, so I can probably squeak by on this project.