Nick Degidio

Maybe this is to late, but....

Joint 1st board, good side up (89 degs using your example)
Joint 2nd board, good side down, (91 degs. when flipped)
When joined, should be 180 degs

When I use my jointer, and do check for 90 degs, I still reverse the boards
when edge joining.

"Brian Siano" wrote in message
I just started on my first _real_ project, and I figured I'd be able to
use my Porter Cable router table and a 2" long straight-cut bit as a
jointer. Maybe you know how this is done: the infeed fence is about
1/16" back from the bit, and the outfeed side of the fence is set at the
bit's edge. And since the P-C table has a two=part fence, this is pretty
easy.

Nope. As it turns out... well, the two metal brackets that hold the
wooden fence pieces? That _look_ as though they hold them at 90 degrees
to the plane of the table itself? Nahh. They're just a hair off of true
vertical. So the mahogany I jointed was jointed at something like 89
degrees.

Grrr. I could probably fudge the project by that much (I'm not making a
table top, after all). But still....