Brian Siano

Default Porter Cable router table arrgghh

I just started on my first _real_ project, and I figured I'd be able to
use my Porter Cable router table and a 2" long straight-cut bit as a
jointer. Maybe you know how this is done: the infeed fence is about
1/16" back from the bit, and the outfeed side of the fence is set at the
bit's edge. And since the P-C table has a two=part fence, this is pretty
easy.

Nope. As it turns out... well, the two metal brackets that hold the
wooden fence pieces? That _look_ as though they hold them at 90 degrees
to the plane of the table itself? Nahh. They're just a hair off of true
vertical. So the mahogany I jointed was jointed at something like 89
degrees.

Grrr. I could probably fudge the project by that much (I'm not making a
table top, after all). But still....