pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "PrecisionMachinisT"
wrote back on Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:11:01
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

During the time I was with Boeing, I held at least temporary union
classifications for lathes, milling machines, boring mill, grinding

machine,
cnc multiple tool, machine cell operator, maintenance machinist,

toolmaker
and probly a few more.

I never went through their apprentice program though--why should I

.....that
would have meant substantial pay cut right at the get-go......

But does this all mean Im not *really* a machinist ???

Ummm, take it up with either the union or management, which ever you
think will get you the answer you want. :-)

Perhaps you missed the part about how I "was with Boeing"

Looks like I did. My goof.

--something was rotten in Denmark, and so I bailed...

Before Condit or Stonecipher? Yee gads, that is a company with
internal problems.

Seldom do I look back......

Same here. Unless I'm in reverse. Then it is a good idea.

--
pyotr filipivich.