SQLit

"bugz" wrote in message

I live in a trailer and have been having some trouble keeping the place
cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Therefore our electric bill
is sky rocketing. I have been told that i could paint my roof with a
sealer of some sort. Is this true? Also if it is true what is this
stuff and where can I get it? Cheap? Also I have noticed holes in the
underpinning underneath the trailer, where the insulation is at. I
think that this could also be a cause. If so any advice on how to fix
the underpinning and insulation.

--
bugz
bugz's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=83

http://homerepairforums.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=76326
This post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.org

Arctic White sold at the box stores will provide some help. It is sold as a
mobile home coating. I used some on a swamp cooler and to repair some leaks
on my old house. It did help the cooling of the cooler a bit.
Saying that it will probably not help much for the winter.

As for cheap sorry, not gonna happen. Last time I looked it was ~$25 a
gallon. Reduce the coverage on the can by 50% for the first coat and you
WILL absolutely need 2 coats.
Easy to put on with a roller as long as the roof is reasonably clean.

Underpinning??? that word means structure to me. Last trailer I was under,
I just removed the craft paper with a razor knife and did my work and then
replaced the insulation and then stapled up some new Kraft paper to repair
the hole I made. 15 pound felt would work if you do not have a real lumber
yard near. I used a stapler cause the under side of this trailer had wood.

The skirting was metal and was supposed to stop the air from passing under
the trailer. In Iowa we used straw bales in the winter time.

Check all of the windows and doors for proper sealing. Replacing the seals
around a door is pretty easy and does not cost much.