Joe S

Charles Spitzer wrote:
"Joe S" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to make some lav faucet holes in new marble, and shower
accessory holes in new travertine.

I see a $65 Tile Core Bit at Lowe's. Is this the proper tool, or is
there something else I should be using?

Obviously the holes will be covered by their respective trim

pieces, so
they don't have to be super pretty...I just don't want to use

something
that will break or otherwise mess up the material.

Joe

i don't know what that is, but you need a diamond bit. it works best

when
done underwater. it will burn up quickly if not. you can make a dam

using
plumbers putty to contain the water. don't apply constant pressure.

use for
a few seconds, left, drill, etc.

Like this...35mm should be 1 3/8"

http://www.khue.com/dept/tool/dbits.htm

Since I'll need it before a mail-order item could arrive, I'll probably
end up with the $65 item....still alot cheaper than paying someone to
cut all the holes for me.

Thanks for the usage tip!

Joe